Wednesday 19 December 2012

HADHRAT KWAAJAH UTBAH IBNUL GHULAAM (rahmatullah alayh)

 
HADHRAT KWAAJAH UTBAH IBNUL GHULAAM (rahmatullah alayh)
 
1. The following episode led to his reformation and renunciation of the world:

2. Once during winter people saw him perspiring excessively. When asked for the reason, he said: "Some time ago I had a few guests who scratched off some sand from my neighbour's wall to wash their hands therewith. Although my neighbour have forgiven this act, whenever I come to this spot, I perspire (on account of fear for the misdeed committed)."

3. Once his mother said: "O Utbah! Have mercy on yourself." Utbah said: "I desire that mercy be shown to me on the Day of Qiyaamah. This world is a life of a few days. Tolerating hardships here will result in mercy and comfort in the Hereafter."